If you’re a business owner in Seattle, you know the importance of keeping your electrical systems up and running. Electrical problems can lead to lost productivity, safety hazards, and other issues that can harm your bottom line. Although electrical issues can arise anywhere, commercial buildings are especially prone to problems due to their size and complex electrical systems.
Common Warning Signs Of Electrical Issues
- Flickering or dimming lights
- Tripping breakers
- Outlets not working
- Burning or hot electrical smells
- Buzzing or humming sounds
If you notice any of these warning signs, address them right away to prevent more serious issues down the line.
Common Electrical Problems in Commercial Buildings
- Overloaded Circuit Breakers: When a circuit draws too much electrical current, the wires can heat up and become a fire hazard. If the circuit breaker does not trip and shut off the power to the overloaded circuit, this can increase the risk of a fire.
- Disordered Electrical Panels: All too common in commercial buildings, mislabeled or illegible labels are frustrating at best, and a safety hazard at worst. Without correct labeling in your electrical panel, it can be impossible to know that power is disconnected and equipment is safe to handle.
- Grounding Problems: Your electrical system’s grounding discharges excess energy safely to protect your property. Ground loops are common in commercial buildings, and occur when there are multiple connections to the ground wire, preventing safe discharge.
- Outdated or Crowded Wiring: Unless you installed the wiring yourself, you won’t know its condition without an electrical inspection. Wiring that was installed incorrectly or with insufficient space is dangerous and is a fire risk.
Contact Fischer Electric for a Commercial Electrical Safety Inspection
Fischer Electric specializes in commercial electrical services and can diagnose and repair any electrical issue you may be experiencing. In addition to addressing specific electrical issues, regular electrical maintenance is key to preventing problems before they happen. Our team can set up a regular maintenance plan to ensure your electrical systems stay in top condition year-round.
Don’t let electrical issues slow down your business or put your employees and customers at risk. Contact Fischer Electric today to learn how our commercial electricians can help you keep your business running smoothly.